Cheri Chatter

Cheri Chatter

Monday, April 30, 2012

Whew!!

This organizing stuff is hard work. After four or five hours (I've lost track), the laundry room is almost done. I started with this mess. It includes cleaning supplies and tools, my fabric dyeing supplies, clothes I'm planning to donate, fabric for my Little Earth friends,and lots of miscellany.
I emptied the room, vacuumed, dusted, and scrubbed. Then I started moving stuff back in. All the laundry supplies are on one shelf. Other cleaning supplies have their own shelf. I used a cardboard box I was planning to recycle to store light bulbs and batteries for quick access. I like how the laundry room is looking already even though I have more work ahead of me. I'll dig back in tomorrow.
Yes, that is an old stove in my laundry room! It has been in that spot since before I bought the house. I think it may be the original kitchen stove because I've already replaced the one that was in the kitchen when I moved here. My guess is that they used it for canning because it was still hooked up to a gas line until a couple years ago. Yikes!!

1 comment:

Nancy Raschka-Reeves said...

Wow! You're doing a great job!