Cheri Chatter

Cheri Chatter

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Uh-Oh

I think I overdid it. Today I'm dealing with a back spasm of the first order. I get them occasionally, but this is the worst I've ever had. I tried to take Bosca for a walk, and only made it to the end of the block before I had to turn around. It felt like broken ribs. I could hardly breathe. I took some pills, got out the ice pack, and started cancelling plans. But then my friend, Amy, came to the rescue. Off we went to the chiropractor. After a lot of snap, crackle and pop, I'm feeling better. This will slow me down, but it's not going to stop my forward progress!
I've decided to use this "down time" to catalogue my books. My friend, Dee, turned me on to a great app that allows me to scan the bar code on the backs of my books with my Droid phone. I'll end up with a catalogue that shows the book cover and basic info. I can place books on shelves (scrappy, applique, machine quilting, etc.) or sort my library by title or author. My library catalogue will come with me everywhere I go. No more duplicate books! And I think I can do this task without heavy lifting.

3 comments:

Mary Fisher said...

Wow - looks great!
It looks like you have the hang of "TACKLE"!

Nathan Carter said...

I like seeing your floral fabrics in your wooden tea crate, next to your teapots on the top of your shelf. You'd think you had a plan!

Dee's said...

You crack me up. Well I am glad that someone is moving forward. Steve and I plan to spend Monday and Tuesday working on the garage and basement storage area. I think we have to put time limits on how long we spend each day so we don't over-do the back.

Congratulations