Cheri Chatter

Cheri Chatter

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

One Down, Fifteen To Go

I did it! Take a look. After three hours, I completed one full area. My pantry/seasonal storage area is complete. It feels great to have it done. It is looking so much better, and on top of that, it's totally usable space. Those old storm windows that you could see in my last post will eventually go to the reuse center, and when they do, I'll have even more space.
I was able to move some stuff into this room that had been sitting in the main room of my unfinished basement. That area is now clear of my coolers, Bosca's dog food, and my little (albeit crude) wine rack. I even moved a few serving pieces that I rarely used out of my kitchen cupboards and into the pantry shelves. I'm hanging on to (for now) the bread maker I haven't used in years, but getting rid of my canner, a large cake server, and my large roasting pan. I'll keep my grandmother's.
Near the end of my efforts, I found a strange contraption shoved to the back of a shelf. When I first moved to my house, I found all kinds of "vintage" things on shelves in the basement. Apparently, I missed this one. After cleaning it up and examining it, I realized that it is a cord holder that attaches to an ironing board. I need one of those! What a nice reward for my efforts.
I think the laundry room is next on my list, but for now, I'm off to read a good book!

No comments: