Cheri Chatter

Cheri Chatter

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Two Birds. One Stone.

I have had a yard of fabric just begging to be the background for a Lone Star quilt. It features pin-up cowgirls, ala 1940's. This little quilt finally worked it's way to the top of my list this week.

I found great prints in my stash for the star points, but next to the cowgirls, the effect was way too busy. So I dove deep in my closet and found a partially completed Lone Star destined to never be finished. The star points were all done, and when I laid them out on my focus fabric . . . wow!

Not only do the colors work, the star points are just the right size. Stored with the star points are fabrics that will work great for borders and maybe even backing.

I lucked out! I'm making good progress on my to do list by killing two birds with one stone.

2 comments:

Nathan Carter said...

I hope you will still help me with my lone star quilt!

Debbie said...

I finally read a bunch of blogs. Wow to Lone Star!!! Loved what you had to say about your sister's quilt and what you couldn't show. I did post but it isn't at the top. Bummer but can you believe I put a picture on?