Cheri Chatter

Cheri Chatter

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Red Hot Mamas

I'm making progress on my little Lone Star quilt. I've added borders and am now auditioning fabric from my stash for the binding and backing.

The borders were a challenge in that I didn't have enough of either the blue stars or the red chile peppers to avoid piecing the borders. I had enough of the blue inner border, however, to accomodate the width of the quilt center plus one border width.

I decided to add corner pieces fussy cut from the focus fabric and extend the inner border out to the edge by adding another small blue border to one side of each cowgirl corner.

(I know, you're probably scratching your head at this point, so click on either picture for a closeup.)

I assembled the borders for each side and then added them to the quilt center in clockwise fashion. Lucky me, it all worked out. The seams match and everything is lying flat!

2 comments:

sjohns said...

You're right -- it's easier to understand with pictures! I just love it, Cheri! What fun! Have you heard Nora Jones' "Lone Star" song? I heard it this morning and thought about your lone star quilting!!

Nathan Carter said...

I can't believe how cute your quilt turned out. And to think it is all from your stash and a UFO. Amazing!