Cheri Chatter

Cheri Chatter

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

It's a New Year!!

I'm back after a long absence! Reviving my blog is one of the many New Year's resolutions I have set for myself. If I blog about my resolutions, it should keep me blogging for a looooong time.

I decided that January would be a month for me to start processing my scraps using Bonnie Hunter's "Scrap Users System" which you can find on her website, quiltville.com. I'm so inspired by her scrappy approach to quiltmaking and think it will provide me with a good starting place for turning my scraps into quilts.


I started this week with two bins of scraps - leftovers from previous quilts that I could not throw away. As you can see, one of them is now empty. It took a while to get into the swing of it, but after a while, I picked up speed.



I cut my leftovers into squares and strips in several usable sizes: 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, and 3.5 inches. I also cut a few charm squares - just cause I love 'em! They look really cute in my 5" Art Bin box. And see those little half-square triangles? Those are old leader/enders that measure 1" finished. 


I hate to throw fabric of any size away, so the trimmings are going to friends who will turn them into dog beds. I have a big bag of them.

I'm going to start with the 2" squares and make an Irish Chain quilt as a leader/ender project. I need 264 four-patch units. Wonder how long that will take?

No comments: